getting sick, and sewing again

Thursday, July 22, 2010 Jonette 0 Comments

I've done it.

I decided to take five days away from work for the latter part of last week. I was hoping that I'd be able to finally (finally!) get started on all those sewing projects I planned on, but Life is what happens while you're making plans.

Saints George, Paul, Ringo, John, bless the sickbed I lie on.

The five free days were spent meeting up with April, a good friend of mine, doing the groceries, changing the bedsheets, putting away the laundry, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning the horrors out of my bedroom and general first floor.All in roughly 26 hours nonstop, tops.

And I got sick. Blasted flu.

*sigh* I'm quite glad James was there to take me to the doctor's and nurse me as much as he could. The cats also did their share by having a grand goose chase every fifteen minutes or so and distracting me from my misery.

Cats? Oh, yes. Everyone, meet Mink.

A triptych of a kitten, which has absolutely nothing to do with sewing.

My good sewing friend Mary entrusted this two-month-old bundle of softness and sass to us. Mink is all purrs and twinkles and sugar and spice when she's on our laps, but she certainly knows how wrap Tweed around her little pink-padded paws. I personally don't know if Tweed's figured it out by now and is just playing along or if he simply can't see the forest for the trees... but we're bound to believe it's very much the latter.

I'm glad to say I've taken my first steps to sewing again. I've decided to take things slowly for now. It now seems better to take something step by step and spend your energy in manageable measures than to to spill everything in big messy Huzzah!, only to lose steam when you're hardly at the end of it.

The panels have been cut, the allowances pressed for easier sewing, and are waiting for me to get work done on them.

*Sigh* A thought: sometimes, spending an entire afternoon cleaning and getting reacquainted with your sewing machine's quirks, screws, and gears make for a happy accident.

Totally worth it before you start sewing, trust me.

0 Comments:

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers