Ureshii: 9

Monday, July 13, 2009 Jonette 3 Comments



嬉しい (ureshii):

To be glad, happy, delighted, joyful, overjoyed, cheerful, pleased, contented, grateful, elated, jubilant, exultant, ecstatic, euphoric, enraptured thrilled (to bits), over the moon... you get the picture. ;)


Yay! Ureshii is back, and sprightly and joyous! (Sprightly and joyous on a Monday... must be something in the water? haha!) a good weekend can do that to you.


  • Lost kitty, found! In the middle of the week, I found a lost little kitten in street and took her in. The poor thing refused to eat for five whole days, but got by with cuddles. (aaaw. ♥) we next took her to the vet, and we discovered she preferred prescription food. Wow.

    the kitteh in question.

    She now enjoys more cuddles from James and me, long naps on flannel and thigh, and being a kitten-hat on occasion, like so:


    ** Update: we've named her Tweed, by the way.


  • Finally starting on Clair's second scarf. I think the most difficult part of knitting something is deciding what pattern to best use, specially when you already have yarn waiting to be used. Clair first wanted a pink scarf, but later on, I had to put my foot down and decide. The pink stuff I ended up buying for her was not going to work, and I opted to use one of my prettiest yarns for her second scarf.

    And it sparkles so nicely in the light.



    So, from this huge pupal skein, this is what the scarf has grown into so far:

    I'm really happy to say she's growing quite beautifully. All my thanks go to Miss Spillyjane's Midori pattern. Loverly!
  • Monday lunch with James' mom and sis. Home-cooked meals and great company beat fast food anyday. (and all because I forgot my phone at his place last night!) rice, bean sprout rolls, pork roast, last night's fried chicken, some breakfast sausage, hot beef-and-mushroom soup. Tell me this is not heaven.




  • Compliments from kids. Cay, great co-trainer and cool mom, brought her two kids to the office to have their eyes checked and get their flu vaccine shots. (oh, and that too: eye check-ups and vaccine shots, on the house, courtesy of the office. Yay!) Her eldest son look like the smart, witty lad she'd told us about, and her daughter was such a cutie! I went up to say hi, and was pleasantly surprised to hear from the little princess "Hi, I think your hair's pretty!" I beamed, and replied, "thanks! I think your hair's pretty too." ^_^

    Compliments from a kid. how cool is that? :D
  • Zoo Tycoon. Zoo Tycoon Dino Digs and Marine Mania. Ohmigodohmigodohmigod it's Zoo Tycoon! Yes, it's old, yes it's nerdy, and I do so luv luv luv it! I've always had this love for creating zoos to keep the animals happy and cared for, even if they're virtual. (Hey, it's the only place I can feel like a million bucks -- or 50 million for that manner. Haha! shift+4, you are so hot.) James loves the expeansions for letting him reconstruct Jurassic Park -- and make it work. Muhahahaha! (but damn, those dinos are so expensive maintenance-wise!) Oh, and you can have mermaids in your Marine Park. ;)
  • Overlord 2. (or at least, watching James play it while I gape and squawk in excitement, and maybe wince a bit.) Our favorite silent big bad boy is back for more mayhem, giddily insane (and adorable loyal, mind you) demon minions, and hot, moxious tower mistresses. The humor is dark and wicked funny, and the storyline and verbal exchange will make you want to think twice about reading your kids old musty, conventional bedtime stories. The writer and co-designer of the game is to blame. The gods bless Rhianna Pratchett's dear heart, she makes her father proud.
  • Make your own Ceiling Cat!









    I love how the director used influences from Matisse and other surrealist painters.


    Dance! Dance, I say!


    I love how honest and opinionated and bashful she is in this interview.

    Ok, your turn. What made you smile today? :)

3 comments:

  1. The kitty is so cute. I really hope you could keep her <3

    And I really love both scarves even if they're not yet with me:D

    Thanks for being awesome <33333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you, Clair! (hugs) we very much hope so too. she's gained a hundred grams in just a week, and now she's turning the the living room into a jungle gym of sorts! I'm glad she's eating well now, and is getting more and more energetic. :)

    will keep at the scarves! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, jennifer! I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers