Life is fragile

Saturday, August 13, 2011 Jonette 0 Comments


Hi, everyone. It's good to be back. 

It's funny how it'll take almost an entire shift of doing nothing just to prepare just to write about what made your past few weeks so far. 

Alas, I am also starting to get rather sleepy. 

To be honest, we still don't have our Internet up and running at home right now, and best James and I can do for now is to simply enjoy what we have on both our hard drives as we slowly plot our next steps to getting back online. 

The past month has been a month of kindness. Kindness, for me, came in the form of:

  • Tremendously sweet surprise goodbye notes from colleagues you had no idea would have you on their radar. 
  • Another good colleague of mine sharing his written masterpiece with me, and threshing out ideas and approaches to his story. His work and the stoutness of his heart has lit a fire under me, and makes me want to revisit my writing. 
  • An old writer-friend who has made a name for himself in the arena and who I greatly admire wishing me well and hoping I keep writing. 
  • A great girlfriend and sewing buddy encouraging me to just keep pursuing and polishing whatever craft or art Life is pushing me toward right now -- all my other interests, she says, will not be jealous, never be jealous. 
  • A loving man who wants to spend time with me more than anything. 
I'll keep these thoughts and glow for a while over here. I'm a sleepy, happy woman, and I can't wait to head home and cuddle up to my man over the weekend. Life is fragile, but lovely.  

0 Comments:

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers