I want to stay in this lovely glow the weekend has given me.

Monday, April 16, 2012 Jonette 1 Comments




Dear Weekend, 

You've been so good to me. I have no words. 

Thank you for having James and I take a chance and spend a pleasant evening in the company of good food, a few drinks, and excellent company.

Thank you for James teaching Fai and Anja Magic: The Gathering 101, then have me mentor along as they kicked each other's asses most awesomely with Koth and Venser decks. 

Thank you for taking me into Marissa's home, inspiring and feeding my spirit with all the history and character and beautiful art it contained. It taught me a lot of things ---- being unapologetic about one's creative spirit, how trusting your keen eyes and taking things "other people throw out" (as Marissa says) can make a beautiful home, and how I have every right and reason to dream and make them happen. James and I now know what kind of home we'd both like to grow old in -- I definitely know what kind of home I'd want to grow and make my art in. 

Thank you for wonderful conversation, wonderful food, and wonderful hospitality.  

Thank you for kind, warm colleagues and car rides. 

Thank you for mother-in-law meals and desserts, and for half a cavan of rice and some mangoes to take home. This will feed us for two months, maybe even more. 

I have sooooo much to be thankful for, and I want to stay in this state of mind for as long as I can, and keep finding more things to be thankful for. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know your weekend was good! :) /hugs
    Am just glad for you. I miss hanging out with you online and offline. I hope we could meet soon because I have this crafting book I've been meaning to give you for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers