Dad homework

Thursday, March 03, 2011 Jonette 0 Comments


Have you ever tried making clothes for your parents? I do. 

And I'm stuck. Sorta. 

One, I'm glad I can finally say the pair of cotton drawstring pants my dad requested already has its front panels cut and "serged". 

The rest of the pants will follow. I promise. 

I think I may have mentioned in a previous post that my dad handed his most well-loved pair of Kamuning-made khaki drawstring pants for me to deconstruct and clone in black. If there's anything I've learned so far, it's (1) I'm more comfortable with drafting patterns from scratch, and (2) the tailors in Kamuning build their menswear with industrial-strength reinforcement. I now have a new-found respect for their diligence, foresight, and industry. 

I'm still stuck, though. Oh dear. Maybe starting a simpler project might  make things come easier. I do want these pair of pants ready to wear before the first quarter of the year ends, though! 

And of course, I do want these pants to fit my dad well, and for him to feel comfy in them, no matter where he takes them. It's the very least bit I could do for him. ^_^ 

0 Comments:

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers