Happy window, happy room

Friday, October 15, 2010 Jonette 1 Comments


Pretty blankets can go a long way.

My bedroom, despite having only one window, is easily flooded by daylight. Having the head of the bed right under it (feng shui aside) is not a fun place to sleep in. This gets worse when (1) I have less than seven hours of sleep, and (2) The sun's blinkin' high, filling the room with light.

Well, we fixed that.

That up there is a flannel blanket fixed to the metal window frame with two powerful hard-disk magnets. We used this trick back in the day when we enjoyed sleeping on the cooler first floor of the house.

I like our bedroom now, I really do. It gives the room a nice warm glow. It's also not too hot in the afternoon. At night, the room is pitch-black. It keeps the room pretty dark even at five o'clock in the morning, making it easy for me to get some decent shut-eye.

I think the only puzzled member of the household would be Mink. Here she is, puzzling over how to get to them fun climbey grid window irons.

1 comment:

  1. I envy your window. For the life of me, I cannot understand why the houses/rooms I've lived in cannot/didn't have open windows. Apparently I have lived with people who are so afraid of akyat bahay gang.

    ReplyDelete

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers