Callooh Callay is back!
Hey everyone, and welcome back to a fresh, new Callooh Callay post! Let the link-loving and discoveries commence!
- Thanks to Mary, I've just discovered just how wonderful the designs of JC Buendia, Eric Pineda, and Dolce and Gabbana F/W 2013 can be. Hnnnnnnnnng.
- Ashita no Ousama. Yuu is a simple country girl who most people think could learn to be more stylish. An afternoon at the theater lights a spark inside her, and many mad-cap circumstances take her well into the art of the stage. Seriously, the manga had me at "Theater".
- The Word Project: Odd and Obscure Words in Bricolage. Nurgling is such a lovely word.
- From Gala Darling -- Mermaids galore. Gor-geous.
- Braid your t-shirt a la Banana Republic. Remind me to do this to a number of my shirts soon.
- A Day at the Park -- a web comic on questions, answers, and the virtue of a lack of meaning. Worth a read, in my humble opinion.
- Droid-, Dalek-, and Death Star-dresses, oh my!
- Kaming Mga Seroks, a sci-fi short story by David Hontiveros of clones, culture, civil rights, and a conniving conspiracy of continental capacities.
- Cean Irminger's fabric prints made me go nuts in glee. I will own these pretties and make beautiful things out of these one day, so I do swear by my left hand. It is a good hand.
- How to style two types of braids: a reverse crown braid, and a braided hairstyle that I now realize is so like Dominique Swain's in Lolita -- this time, with bangs. Both quite elegant, and great for hot weather.
- Two extremely educational links from PJ on geishas: The differences of Maikos and Geikos, and a guide to kanzashi through the months.
- The History of English in Ten Minutes.
- How the Chicken Conquered the World. Yum! -- with some science, anthropology, and culture on the side.
Marchesa Fall/Winter 2012. Gor-geous.
Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2012. Gor-geous.