Anime: Gurren Lagann

Thursday, October 02, 2008 Jonette 0 Comments

I may have said in a previous post that Herr Strauss keeps me afloat, but I haven't really said what rocks my socks off.

Click Play to listen to the music.



Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a super robot show unlike any robot show I've seen or enjoyed. while most other Mecha anime have a very structured, almost militaristic look and setup, Gurren Lagann charges into the opposite direction, and with very good reason. The visuals and character design have a strong rock aesthetic, in my opinion, and I'd never seen it fit a super-robot show more than this one.

The mood of Gurren Laganncan swing from bad-ass to ridiculous to touching. It's unpretentious, and it's a show I'd strongly recommend to the 10-to-12-year-old age bracket.

Here's a glimpse at the shows first opening sequence.




0 Comments:

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers