To be glad, happy, delighted, joyful, overjoyed, cheerful, pleased, contented, grateful, elated, jubilant, exultant, ecstatic, euphoric, enraptured thrilled (to bits), over the moon... you get the picture. ;)
1) Pretty colored ink pens, in pink and purple. The pink pen has been officially christened, and has been used to draw a pig in holy rites. It will now continue to draw and write cute things from hereon, such as flowers and eyelashed furry critters, and I am pretty and I love you. The purple pen shall be released for darker, unholier purposes, such as shading the box of your choice and writing down social security numbers.
2) My teeny hot rod of an office mouse. It's teeny alright, at two-and-a-half inches of length. It's something I got for my work station as a replacement for the the large one that broke. Some of my office-mates squee over it, and some poke at it and chuckle.
3) a pretzel cookie with almond icing. As purchased from the meals-and-sweets corner in the office pantry. It's baked by a co-teacher of mine, the lovely and bashful Ate Marga. Sweet treats soothe the soul. (that was a lot of S's, too.)
4) Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men. I now know for myself why he comes highly recommended by my friends, and why Neil Gaiman was very happy to work with him on Good Omens. It's a riot to read, and anyone with half a sense and an open mind may benefit much from this book. Oh, and witches do not wear pointy hats. All the time, anyway.
Come to think of it, here's a list of books to enjoy, as the title suggests, To Treat Harry Potter Withdrawal.
5) Jim Henson's The Storyteller. I managed find all nine episodes, plus the four episodes of Greek Myths. Fwee! Lost childhood, here I come!
6) Shimotsuma Monogatari, or Kamikaze Girls. What happens when a Biker Girl and a Sweet Lolita share an unlikely friendship? visit the Official website here.
7) Marc Chagall's The Birthday. I love how surprising and dreamy and sweet this painting can be. View the entire piece here.
8) Historical dress-up dolls on the internet. As nipped from this charming doll base website.
9) sleep, sleep, glorious sleep.
-- For the photo-journaling enthusiasts looking for something to pursue, the 365 Challenge may be just the thing for you. Is it your birthday? a national holiday? an anniversary? Christmas? Hannukah? Talk Like a Pirate Day? Towel Day? Now's you chance.
Meanwhile, this waltz keeps me afloat today.