I'm on a roll again!

Thursday, September 04, 2008 Jonette 0 Comments


I won't have much time to expound on this, but let me just say this for the record: I'm back! I'm back! I got my juice back! And all it took was a fever, an upset tummy, a missing voice, and a sick leave.

Okay, that didn't sound too logical.

I'd been pretty much down in the dumps for the first part of this week. work has been quite testy as of late, and my health had been responding to suit -- like a cranky two-year-old. Lesson: when your body has already been showing signs of illness, it's no use forcing it to exert more effort than it can. End result? You get sicker, and it's off to bed with you.

I'm actually glad about getting sick. It's times like these when you need to stop, slow down, pause that make me think. It's getting in touch again with myself, re-alligning, refocusing. Thinking about what really makes me happy, and remembering why they made me happy in the first place. In a nutshell, it's counting my blessings. It sends me right back out into the world with the thought that, underneath all the frustration, the let-downs, and the insanity Life tosses at me, everything was (and still is) beautiful, and nothing hurt.

And so it goes.

Back to the skirts. As of tonight, I've managed to hem and sew together two trapezoids of that dainty floral fabric you see above, make a matching waistband, and pin two two-inch darts at the back for a comfy fit. I've decided to experiment with a bias cut, just to see for myself how flattering it can really get. My initial idea was to put spaced tucks near the hem of the skirt for embellishment, but now I'm awfully tempted to split the skirt in front, insert a panel of ecru eyelet fabric, and pleat the spliced edges to give illusion of an underskirt. (Because I am shameless, I owe my inspiration to this fine lady. Who's that girl? More on her here. )

Well, a girl can dream, can't she? ^_^"

As for the second skirt, I'm planning to rip open a pair of well-loved jeans and turn it into a skirt. Two options: I could turn it into a pencil-type skirt (instructions courtesy of Threadbanger), or into a frilly-ish fiesta skirt, as suggested by Cafty Daisies. Decisions, decisions.

Threadbanger
has been a great help with giving me different ideas for my sewing projects. Here's the episode for the DIY jeans skirt.



What do you think, folks? I'd love to hear from you too. :)

0 Comments:

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers