Webbie Spotlight: Skirts are better than pantsAs seen on A Dress A Day: A simple list of why skirts are better than pants:
As taken from this charming page.
1. Drawing your pants legs back from someone in disgust as you pass them is insufficiently scornful.
2. Studies have shown that wearing skirts is 90% effective in preventing VPL (visible panty line).
3. Ditto for "plumber's butt," "whale tail," and "camel toe."
4. Ruffles on a skirt can be over-the-top glamorous. Ruffles on pants are only acceptable if your name is Mary, and a little lamb follows you everywhere you go.
5. It is impossible to smuggle someone in -- or out -- of prison, a masked ball, a hotel room, etc. by hiding them under your pants. (Plus, there is no such thing as "hooppants."
6. When you strap a gun to your thigh in pants, you lose the element of surprise.
7. You don't have to have skirts hemmed differently for flats or heels.
8. Twirling in a pair of pants results in 87% less happiness.
9. The word "skirt" has both a singular and a plural form, usable by all ("I am wearing a skirt today." "Instantly Mrs. Bagnet put some pins into her mouth, and began pinning up her skirts all round, a little higher than the level of her grey cloak.") The word "pants" has a singular than can only be used by fashion-industry people ("Designers are showing a high-waisted, wide-legged pant for fall").
10. Skirt blowing up, revealing underthings? Sexy. Pants falling down, revealing underthings? Humiliating.