Wow, what a week! Wait, week? What week?
The week's gone by in a blur, and there is just so much to be thankful and happy about!
- Sunday Lunch-and-Movie dates with James. James and I have this movie weekend ritual: go someplace nice to eat, then enjoy a movie. we went to Greenhills to pick up a belated birthday gift for Clair, and we decided to have a very nice lunch at Xiao Ming. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
Left to right: House Blend Orange Iced Tea, Fookien rice with accompanying sauce, and Steamed Garlic-Broccolli.
Fookien Rice. The sauce above is a melange of carrots, peas, fish and clam bits. all swimming in this piping-hot, savory sauce. You're supposed to generously ladle the concoction onto your rice, mix it up, and enjoy. Mmmmm.
Garlic Broccolli. Greens. Steamed greens. Crisp, steamed, delicious greens. Must stop, getting hungry again.
As a fitting denouement to our meal, we had each a serving of Xiao Ming's special Hakao dimsum. Beyond the translucent flesh lie succulent shrimp and veggie promises. Brings a tear to my eye.
After the meal, we hied off to SM Megamall to catch How To Train Your Dragon in 3D. Two thumbs up from the both of us; bring your kids, your parents, your gramps and gran, your cat, dog, goldfish, we don't care, just watch it! (Plus points when you watch it in 3D. Trust me.) The 3D version was a blast -- and pretty much had me screaming in my seat during the flight sequences. (Heck, I don't remember that happening, but James does.) Which led to him saying, "alright, I'd better haul you back to Enchanted Kingdom one day and strap you into one of them flying rides. *sigh* My man, gotta love him.
One of our fave lines in the movie? "Okay, boys and girls, what's the first thing you need when facing an angry dragon?" Uh, Speed + 5?"
- Sending gifts by post. I managed to send a couple of belated birthday presents to Clair and Ligaya. There's just something exciting about sending gifts through post, crossing your fingers, hoping it gets to the other person in time. It's exciting in a no-peeking-at-the-Christmas-presents kinda way for me.
- Surprising my grandmother -- at 4:00 AM. Last Monday, my grandmother asked me send her my address via SMS so she could mail my dad's souvenir program to me. I decided to do away with the message and head for to her house and surprise her at 4:00 in the morning. (she regularly wakes up at 4:00am, so it was all good.) It felt good seeing the amazement in her eyes. ^_^*
- La Experiment is beginning to work! Okay. I've been on this self-imposed experiment, and so far, I've been successful for three weeks running. I say experiment and not diet, because... well, honestly, I have no expected outcome in mind save to train myself to make smarter food choices in the long run.
The goal? Stay away from fast food
as long as I canat all costs. the mini-rules:
- Have at least one veggie or fish dish a day. Veggies come as Number One Priority, Fish if no veggies are to be found.
- No meal should go beyond P150 (roughly $2.75.) If I can manage to fit in all the meals I need in a day within that P150, so much the better.
- Avoid fizzy drinks at all costs. Load up on water.
- weekends are reward days but don't overdo it. I learned this the hard way. Leeeet's just say I have a feeling my body's not on very good terms with fast and junk food anymore. Awp.
- Mentoring at the office. Yep -- I am now mentor to Jo and PJ as they wet their feet in the training pool. I'm glad to say that PJ's doing fine, and Jo just needs that small push of encouragement every now and then. Props too to George for helping Jo out with her biggest questions and for showing her the ropes around the system. All in all, awesome.
- Crazy lesson roller-coaster week! Aaaaah! 12-13-14-10whew-13-9 lessons! IneedhugsandchocolatecakeAaaaaah, all better now.
- Hot chocolate with friends, and teddy-bear snorggles, courtesy of Jo and Bogard Rusty Cuddles III.
- From Gala Darling: Learn How to Work Your Dorky Quirk, and Sunday Life: In Which I Thoroughly Be Me. I am also seriously attracted to this dress, along with the other pieces from Alexander McQueen's collection. (sniff.)
- A Choc-ful of goodies from Mikhal: Female Transformers, Iron Man Briefcase suit GIF, Crayons Carved Into the 12 symbols of the Chinese Zodiac, and loads and loads and loads and loads (!) of Human-ified Transformers, oh wow, my life is sort of complete.
- And because it deserves its own bulletpoint.... Squeeeeee!!! ♥
- From Weesha: Oh my god, hahahahahahahaha!
- From Justin : Beer Blessing from a priest's Breviary.
- Just See the Work of Cal Lane, from Mon. Wow. I wish there was some way to preserve her larger outdoor pieces from the elements.
- More from Mon: How to Make Bendy Straw Shrimp, Real or Not, Please Creep Us Out (Warning: if you suffer from really bad nightmares or have difficulty sleeping at night, skip this one), The Art of PapaNinja, and Lord of the Class (haha!).
- A gem from Mon: Sherlock Ninja and the Case of the Iron Monkey! Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds.
Every time I see a fashion collection, this song instantly plays in my mind.
Monsieur Lacroix, it's all your wonderful fault.
Awesome Entrance. 'Nuff said.
Fan-taststic concept. Wonder if it'll make waves in the Philippines?
This just puts me in the mood for silliness, and a big silly smile on my face.
70 Million by Hold Your Horses ! from L'Ogre on Vimeo.
How many paintings (or artists) can you name? I've counted 18 so far. ^_^*
Alright! Your turn -- What things made your day or week awesome?