Of Granny Smiths and hitchhikers (June 5, 2008)

Saturday, June 14, 2008 Jonette 0 Comments

Yesterday, I found this recipeI wanted to try for the weekend. It does seem like a lot of work considering I'll have to take care of the crust and and peeled apples first, but I'm sure the pay-off will be great.

It also helps to know that the Shopwise branch nearest my workplace had a special on Granny Smith Apples.

I make a mad dash for it, pick up about three six-packs of apples (with two free grapefruits each pack), along with some bread, tomato sauce (for another dish) and lunch ramen. With four heavy and rather bulky bags in tow, I clocked into the office in time, and began settling down.

That's when I noticed I had a hitchhiker.




A closer, semi-decent shot of the little fella:




Five hours of sleep, and loving the scent of apples in my workstation.

0 Comments:

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers