Haiti Cherie

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 Jonette 0 Comments

I never really knew just how devastating, how disastrous and how painful the Earthquake in Haiti was until I stumbled upon this slide show.

This brings to mind a number of things.
  • How immensely lucky I am to still be alive, to still have my family and loved ones alive and well around me, and to still have a standing home to return to. 
  • How my experience with Ondoy must be nothing compared to the pain the victims must feel in the wake of their collapsed homes and dying family members. 
  • And how these feelings are brought into a so much sharper focus with a song I loved from my childhood. 



You can help. we can all help.

Google now joins in the relief effort for Haiti. Free voice calls are now available to get in touch with family members in the affected areas, and donations to Unicef or CARE are now accepted

You can also choose to send donations via SMS (US only).

  • SMS text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross relief efforts
  • SMS text “YELE” to 501501 to Donate $5 to Yele Haiti’s Earthquake Relief efforts
  • SMS text "GIVE10" to 20222 to donate $10 to Direct Relief

And should you know someone whose family just might be looking for him, you are most encouraged to use this Person Finder.





Every little bit counts.

0 Comments:

Care to leave a comment? I'd love to hear what's on your mind. :)

Followers